No member of the United Community Ministries community will ever be hungry, homeless, helpless, or hopeless.
United Community Ministries mobilizes the power of community to equip, educate, and empower people to measurably improve their lives.
UCM's work is rooted in a set of core values. These values, embraced by our board, staff, and volunteers comprise the foundation of UCM’s unique purpose and perspective.
- We acknowledge passion as an integral driver of who we are, how we serve, and where we are headed as an organization.
- We recognize the dignity of all individuals and promote mutual respect by valuing the diversity, strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others.
- We conduct our work with integrity acting consistently with UCM’s mission, being honest and transparent in what we do and say, and accepting responsibility for our collective and individual actions.
- We recognize caring for others as the primary foundation for building effective relationships and demonstrate it through concern, empathy, and consideration for the needs and values of others.
- Acknowledging the inter-connectedness among individuals, families, organizations, and communities and the mutually influencing systems among them, we employ holistic approaches to effect change and ultimately improve quality of life.
- We strive to consistently empower the community—people we serve, our volunteers, and donors—and challenge ourselves to continually learn and grow in order to achieve greater impact and reach full human potential.
United Community Ministries is non-sectarian and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability (physical or mental), age, family status, or any other basis prohibited by the laws of the United States of America or the Commonwealth of Virginia.