Vision, Mission, & Values
United Community envisions a community where everyone thrives.
We empower our neighbors in need to transform their lives.
At United Community, we behave consistently with our beliefs:
- All people have equal value and deserve respect.
- We have a duty to help build a community where all people believe they belong and feel included.
- We care about our neighbors in need, and we are responsible to address their needs.
- We must continually learn and grow as individuals, as an organization, and as a community.
- When we are inclusive and collaborative, better results are achieved.
- We must be trustworthy and act with integrity.
- We improve the lives of our neighbors in need through our programs and services.
- We lead and partner in the dynamic environment in which we work.
- We assure our continued organizational vibrancy.
United Community is non-sectarian and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability (physical or mental), age, family status, or any other basis prohibited by the laws of the United States of America or the Commonwealth of Virginia.