UCM interns enjoy the opportunity to build their resumes and interact with other social services professionals. We look for creative thinkers who:
- Have orderly work habits and a strong work ethic.
- Are detail oriented, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Are dependable, enthusiastic, energetic.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, are familiar with database systems, and social media communications.
- Are open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills.
- Have an ability to work in a team or independently as needed.
- Understand and practice confidentiality under all circumstances.
UCM offers a friendly, informal, and progressive work environment. Internships are available to undergraduate and graduate students, typically on a semester basis. Positions are generally unpaid; school credit may be available.
Interested students are requested to email the department director for your area of interest (social services or social work, working with youth, etc.) at email@example.com.